Ernie Christopher Emmanuel (Chris) was born into a family of ministers in Grenada, W.I. His passion for Art and Spirit poured through his poetry and writings at an early age. As a young boy he excelled in music, dance, drawing, painting and writing poetry.
His father dove for conch shells to support the family. His Family immigrated to Canada when he was eleven years old. His Father who became head of the Theosophical Society in Toronto, Canada had an extensive library of books regarding psychology, mysticism, science, theology and beliefs. Chris spent countless hours studying spiritual doctrines from all over the world.
“Somehow at an early age, I knew there was more to life than just working to acquire material possessions.”
After Graduating he went on to study Graphic Design and Creative writing. Entering the work force he pursued Theatre, Modeling and Graphic Design. Unsatisfied with these careers, Chris decided to pursue his dream and become a fulltime artist/writer. Traveling to San Pedro, Belize, Central America on holiday he fell in love with the mixture of cultures, the sea, the sand and the reef.
A near death experience changed his life. Nearly drowning in a forgotten well Chris experienced what he calls, “divine essence awakening in him,” flooding him with self sustaining unconditional love. Awakening to “presence” he devoted himself to developing this awareness within himself and others. Continuing the Emmanuel tradition, Chris has dedicated his life to sharing the spiritual wisdom imparted through him to help others awaken to their true Essence and evolve consciousness. Chris now resides in Belize Central America, on an Island town called San Pedro, where he teaches, creates and writes to awaken individuals to ONENESS. Chris ministered for a year at a bible based church, trained in Oneness Blessing in June 2010. Since then he holds blessings gathering every Sunday in San Pedro, Belize. He now travels to inspire and awaken individuals to “Presence.”
His paintings and writings reflect his feeling of interconnectivity and Oneness to nature.
Chris coins his work,"Flowism-Art of Oneness." My art reflects my philosophy-that we are one energy manifested in different expressions continually evolving in infinite potential. We flow from existence to none existence, energy that is interconnected. Through my paintings I hope to inspire the viewer to feel the constant flow of this essence that we are." E. C. Emmanuel
Selected Inspiration, Art, and Book Presentations
- Spiritual Seekers Conference 2013, Wonderworks, Toronto, ON. Feb. 22-24, 2013
- Reef Radio, Reef TV, Morning Matters. Cohost on a TV Show,San Pedro Town, Belize, 2012-present
- Hope Interfaith Center Retreat in Belize-BlueTang Inn San Pedro Town, Belize, December 10-12, 2012
- Ack'bol Yoga Retreat & Eco Resort San Pedro Town, Belize, December 19, 2012
- Banyan Bay, Ricos restaurant, San Pedro Town, Belize, Oct 21, 2012
- La Blanc Nuit Toronto school Art, Toronto, Ont, Oct, 2012
- Ronsensville Village, Toronto, ON, Canada., Oct 2012
- Bridges Elementary school, Mankato, Minnesota, MN. April, 2012
- SouthCentral College Minnesota in North Mankato, MN. Sep. 30, 2012
- Rosa Parks Elementary School, Mankato MN, Oct, 2011
- Minnesota State University, Mankato MN. June 23, 2011
- Youth Voices Belize. Belize City. Belize, May 2011
Selected Art Exhibitions
- Radiance Hair Salon, Mankato, MN. USA, July, 2011
- Art Gallery, Sunbreeze, San Pedro Town, Belize, Feb, 2011
- Art Gallery, Sunbreeze, San Pedro Town, Belize, Nov, 2010
- Bliss Center, Belize City, Belize. March, 2008
- House of Culture, Belize City, Belize. November, 2006
- Artsy Fartsy, Bethesday, M D, Febraury, 2006
- Artsy Fartsy, Bethesda, M D, November, 2005
- Eyewitness News,Washington DC. September, 2005
- House of Culture, Belize City, Belize. March, 2004
- PGA Galleries, West Palm Beach, Florida. Feb. 21, 2004
- Absolute Art Gallery, Jupiter, Florida. Sept. 2003
- Déjà vu Glasswork Gallery, San Pedro, Belize, CA., Dec. 2002-2003
- Belizean Arts Gallery, San Pedro, Belize, CA, Aug.2001-Dec.2002
- La Isla Plaza, Cancun, Mexico, May - June, 2001
- Contor Galleries, 51 Yonge St. Toronto, March 7 - March 31,2001
- Harry Rosen 82 Bloor Street West, June 5 - June 26, 2000
- Indigo Books Music & Cafe, 2300 Yonge St., January - February, 2000
- Indigo Books Music & Cafe, 2300 Yonge St., November - December, 1999
- Grazie Ristorante, Toronto, Ontario, September 13 - November 15, 1999.
- Emmanuel Renaissance, 211 Eglinton Ave. Toronto, April 24 - May 1, 1999.
- Open Studio 100 Belside Ave. #108, October 12 - October 29, 1994
- Yorkdale Shopping Centre: Toronto, Ontario, Tie Art, November 1994
(My art was presented on Breakfast Television For its originality.)